How to Select the Right CRE Brokerage Firm
If you are ready to make an investment in South Florida commercial real estate for the first time then you’ve probably researched how beneficial it would be to work with a broker, but that doesn’t mean you know how to find the best one for you. To ensure that the broker you choose will meet your needs consider these tips on how to select the right firm.
- Make your objectives clear to be sure that the firm’s interests are aligned with yours.
- Check to see if they are driven by experience and processes, and not solely instinct by ask for a lease or purchase and sale negotiation checklist, and samples of the deliverables.
- Get the details on each person’s expertise and role if the firm uses a team structure.
- Find out how they measure results, noting what kind of indicators they use.
- Ask about their experience in negotiation, what techniques they use and an example of a victory from a challenging deal.
- Adequately gauge their experience by asking specific questions pertaining to their strengths and additional training.
- Be clear on how they get compensated; is it based on commission or performance?
To learn more about how Urbanism Group can help you with your investment in South Florida commercial real estate visit our website www.miamiofficeleases.com or give us a call at 888-774-9692.
Source: Bigger Pockets